His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra State has set up a Committee to look into the boundary dispute between Aguleri and Umuleri.
The Committee’s Terms of Reference Are:
(1) To establish the immediate cause of the dispute between the two communities, that occurred on Saturday, 16th January,2021, between Aguleri and Umuleri.
(2) Invite and interview the families that own the lands in dispute.
(3) Establish the boundaries between Aguleri and Umuleri as a whole.
(4) Recommend other possible solutions that will guarantee lasting peace in the area.
(5) The committee has 3 weeks to conclude its assignment.
Members of the Committee are:
(1) Air Vice Marshal Ben Chiobi (Chairman)
(2) Permanent Secretary, Office of the Secretary to the State Government (Secretary)
(3) Dr Mrs Uju Nworgu, Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice
(4) Hon. Bonaventure Enemali, Commissioner for Lands
(5) Barrister Chike Maduekwe, Chairman, Anambra State Physical Planning Board
(6) Chinedu Aniagboso, Chief Security Officer to the Governor
(7) Chief Ajoku, Retired Survey General
(8) Ezeudo Dr. Michael Idigo, Eze Aguleri
(9) Okebo Ben Emeka, Igwe Umuleri Okebo
(10) President General of Aguleri
(12) President General of Umuleri
(13) Youth Leader of Aguleri
(14) Youth Leader of Umuleri
(15) Transition Committee Chairman of Anambra East Local Government Area
Members of the Committee will be sworn in on Tuesday, 19th January 2021 by His Excellency, Dr. Nkem Okeke, Deputy Governor of Anambra State at the Deputy Governor’s Conference Hall.
Time is 11am.
Prof. Solo Chukwulobelu
Secretary to the State Government