- APPOINTMENT AND INAUGURATION OF THE COMMISSION BOARD
His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano, most auspiciously selected the members and inaugurated last year a high caliber team which constitute the Board of the Local Government Service Commission, on the 10th of June 2014.
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT TRANSFORMATION: THE TWO POINT AGENDA
The two (2) point agenda of the Local Government Service Commission is increasingly improving the discipline and productivity within the Local Government System of Anambra State through its effective and pragmatic strategies and implementation:
- Reorientation – work attitude change communication through Interactions, workshops/seminars.
- Re-organisation – Restructuring, schedule, conflict resolution.
- Sanitization – Verification of records, penalization.
- Monitoring – Work attendance, punctuality, service.
- Welfare measures – Addressing staff problems, reward system, staff progression – a motivation strategy.
- Regular promotions, advancement and conversions.
- For the first time since its provision by the Scheme of Service for Local Government Employees in the year 2006, the implementation of Grade Level 17 in the Anambra State Local Government has remarkably raised the morale of the benefitting staff and the expectations of upcoming grade levels of the workforce.
- STAFF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
The sustained staff training and development, in spite of dwindling economy, ensures improved education, enlightenment, discipline and productivity of the workforce.
- SYSTEM STABILITY
Consistent effective conflict resolution is bringing required stability in the Unified Local Government system of Anambra State through improved work harmony and productivity.
- IMPROVING DISCIPLINE IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEM
Discipline in the system is making obvious improvement through effective strategic measures including suspensions, monitoring, counseling, punitive transfers, reprimands and withholding of salary for misconduct.
- THE NEW CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME
The Local Government Service Commission has facilitated the commencement of the new Contributory Pension Scheme for the system.
- COMMISSION’S SUPPORT OF MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAs)
The Local Government Service Commission being a personnel management outfit, has been involved in various programmes and emergency management activities. Examples:
- Local Emergency Management Agency (LEMA).
- Local Action Committee on Aids (LACA).
- Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH).
- Agricultural Development Programme (ADP).
- Primary Health Care (Immunization, Health Education).
- Water transportation in Ogbaru and Anambra West Local Governments.
- STATE SUPPORT FOR THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Commission has received State Government support for the equipment, rehabilitation and reconstruction works within the Commission Complex.
- Service vehicles for the facilitation of the Commission’s functions.
- On-going staff canteen and furnishing of the new Commission office block.
- Rehabilitation of the broken down giant generator.
- Borehole resuscitation.
- The parameter fence.
- Reconstruction of the access road and beautification of the Commission compound.
Dr. Sir Peter Egenti,
Local Government Service Commission