- De-vegetation of the major streets and roads through the Local Govt. Area
- Construction of Mmiata cottage hospital
- Construction of isolation call room/ward
- Male chest ward and maternity complex
- Anambra West Rural Electricity project
- Acquisation & distribution of speed boats to enhance education in the riverine areas
- Immunization 2015
- Maintenance of Legislative Bus
- Clearing of water weeds throughout the Local Govt. Area
- Construction of 1 unit of solar-powered borehole project was attracted from Presidential Committee on Flood Relief and Rehabilitation
- Construction of new 4-classroom block with administrative office in Primary and Junior Sec. schoolds in the state at:
- Comprehensive Secondary School, Nzam;
- Ogene Migrant Farmer's Sch., Nzam
- Renovation and Rehabiltion of 309 numbers of 5-classroom blocks in Primary and Junior Secondary Schools (in the state) at Community Secondary School, Nzam
- Procurement of 10,447 unit of pupilss 2-seater iron framed decks (for primary and junior secondary schools in the state) at Ogene Migrant Fishermen Sch., Nzam
- Construction of Section of Mmiata Nzam Road
- Acquisition & distribution of speed boats to enhance education in the riverine areas
- Provision of water supply to Innoma Community
- Girl-Child Education
- Acquisation and distribution of speed boats to enhance education in riverine areas
Acquisation and dsitribution of speed boats to enhance education in the riverine areas
Rehabilitation of water borehole at Umudora Anam
Procurement of 10,447 units of pupils' 2-seater iron framede desks (for primary and junior secondary schools in the state) at:
- Ukwubili Migrant Fishermen Sch,. Onono, Umuikwu-Anam;
- Amamchala Migrant Fishermen Sch., Umudora-Anam
The Governor of Anambra state Chief Willie Obiano has laid the foundation stone for the construction of the Chimedie Museum in Onitsha. The museum, according to the governor was in part pursuit of the administration’s exploration and expansion of the state’s tourism potentials.
He noted that the Museum will help promote the seemingly dying Igbo culture and tradition and promised that his administration will expedite action on the ongoing construction of a five-star hotel project located in the area to provide comfortable accommodation for tourists who would be visiting the Centre.
The foundation stone laying ceremony was part of activities marking the 75th Birthday Anniversary of Igwe Achebe. The Museum project which is being undertaken by the Chimedie Museum Trust Foundation, when completed, is to contain Modern African Arts, Visual Arts and Royal Paraphernalia of the Onitsha Kingdom, historic documents and research materials among others.
Igwe Achebe in a remark stated that the museum was to mark the beginning of a private engagement to reverse the negative trend of not preserving their culture and tradition by Ndi Igbo. According to him, the project aims to play a key role in the emergence of Onitsha and Anambra State as a major tourist centre and to provide a viable centre for education and cultural enlightenment.
The designer of the project, Architect Theo Lawson in an exposition, said they intend to develop the concept of a worldclass royalty museum that will add value to the Onitsha Community and the entire state.
By Kingsley Ezekwelu