Head of Service
Barr. John Harold Uduh ( Head of Service)
OFFICE OF THE HEAD OF SERVICE
The present Anambra State Government headed by His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano was inaugurated on March 17th, 2014.
In the past two years, he has made some giant strides in various sectors in the State in line with his Governments four Pillars of Development. For the period under review, Office of the Head of Service(OhoS) has continued to carry out its mandate to facilitate realization of the State Government’s blueprint.
WORKPLAN AND STRATEGIC VISION OF THE OFFICE OF THE HEAD OF SERVICE
To be a well coordinated, disciplined, proactive, motivated and productive public service, by which the Governor’s development blueprint will be promoted through efficient service delivery, continued improvement, resourcefulness, professionalism and human resource management.
PROJECTS CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION
- Orientation and integration of newly employed civil servants and teachers.
- Payment of eleven (11) months arrears of Federal share of pension owed to primary school teachers between 2002 and 2003.
- Completion of outstanding 2012 and 2013 civil service promotions and commencement of 2014 promotions.
- One day sensitization workshop on work ethics and productivity improvement in Anambra State (50) officers on 4th December, 2013.
PROJECTS SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED WITHIN TWO YEARS IN OFFICE
- Procurement of four (4) thirty-seater coaster buses and commencement of the public service mass transit scheme.
- Purchase and installation of a new 1000 KVA generating set for the State Secretariat.
- Interactive session(s) between the Governor and organized labour and public servants which has engendered trust and reduced industrial tension in the state.
- Successful May Day celebrations which gave opportunity for public servants to interact and bond with His Excellency, the Governor.
- Data capture for all state civil servants in the state on 23rd July, 2014.
- Training of eight government drivers on 16th May, 2014.
- Orientation/induction course for newly recruited officers on 3rd-21st February, 2014.
- Code of conduct training for Anambra State Public officers on 4th November, 2014.
- Induction course for the newly converted officers on 30th March, 2015.
- Two day compulsory defensive driving course for drivers of the various security agencies in the state as well as drivers in the employ of the State Government from 28th-29th April, 2015.
- Interactive seminar on economic and financial crimes for Senior State Executives on 29th June, 2015.
- Pre promotion interview training for senior management officers (GL 13-15) in the state Civil Service for promotion years 2014 and 2015 on 28th September, 2015.
- Lecture of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on 16th January, 2015.
- Renovation and standard furnishing of Staff Development Centre’s Office (SDC).
- Approval of 13th Batch Chief Drivers/Mechanic Conversion course 2015 at SDC.
- Yearly approval of confirmation and promotion Examinations (CONPRO).
- Chief Typist conversion course.
- Provision of office equipment.
- Refresher course for Registry Staff.
- The state also had a successful 2014 Civil Service Day Celebration which was solely and fully sponsored by His Excellency.
- Presentation of 50kg bag of rice each to all the civil servant and teachers in the state by the Governor.
- His Excellency sponsored over 100 Administration and Accounting officers in a training workshop conducted by ASCON (8th-12th September, 2014).
- Again, the Governor sponsored twenty (20) officers on in-service training basis at the Federal Training Centres across the country.
- The State Government also, sponsored 3No. Permanent Secretaries to 3weeks NIPSS Policy, Strategy and Leadership course at KURU, Jos (July-October, 2014)
- Sponsored one Permanent Secretary to the Senior Executive Course No. 37 at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies Kuru, February-November, 2015.
- Adjustment of salary of state workers and post primary teachers by 15% with effect from 1/1/2015
- One thousand (1000) mass housing units for public servants.
- Implementation of the Contributory Pension Scheme.
- DFID-SPARC Assisted Public Service reforms.
- Provision of furniture and equipment for offices.
- Review of salaries and pensions.
- Re-reticulation of water in the Secretariat Complex.
- Renovation of the old building in the Secretariat Complex.
- Procurement of additional two (2) thirty-seater coaster buses.
- Regular payment of salaries by every 25th day of the month.
- Prompt and regular payments of the retirees’ benefits.
- Effective and efficient services are being rendered to the retirees while computing and recalculating their retirement benefits in order to give every retiree a fair and equal treatment; a project enabled by the present Administration.
- Ensuring that public servants that served in other states and later retired in Anambra State are paid their other States shares of retirement benefits.
- Periodic verification exercise of the pensioners by the Establishment Department in conjunction with Pension Board of the State.
- Introduction of E-payment of which guaranteed prompt payment of pension benefits of the retirees.
- Recovering of over payment of salaries from retirees during computation of their benefits.
- Approval of pension fund administrators to guarantee the security of the pension funds under a proper management care in order to ensure a comfortable life in retirement.
Public Servants Mass Transit Buses for Conveying Civil Servants to and fro their homes and work places in Anambra State provided by The Government of Anambra State under the leadership of Chief Willie Obiano.
More of the Mass Transit Buses.
NEWLY RECRUITED PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED STAFF RECEIVE ORIENTATION
The newly recruited physically Challenged Staff have been given a day orientation by Head of Service Barr. Harry Udu, on Tuesday 14th March 2017 at the Head of Service Conference Room Jerome Udorji Secretariat Awka.
Speaking during the orientation, the Head of Service enumerated to them the rules and regulations guiding Civil Servants in the State, and he also urged them to be dedicated and punctual while discharging their duties.
Barr. Harry Udu equally stated that the appointment was given to them out Governor Obiano’s good will towards the physically challenged; adding that currently an embargo was placed temporally on recruitment, because of current harsh economic situation in the country.
On his part, the Director Public Service Offices. Mr. Philip Mba urged the newly recruited staff to be hardworking and resilient, not minding their physicaly challenged nature. He also promised them that with hard work and commitment they can get to any level in life. Mr. Philip Mba reiterated the willingness of Governor Willie Obiano to always support physically challenged persons in the state.
In his remark, one of the beneficiaries Mr. Uche Nnadi, gave a vote of thanks to Head of Services for making sure that the exercise was a successful one, he also extolled Governor Obiano for his kind gesture and urged his colleagues to always pray and support Obiano administration.
By Emeka Ataka